Cobb Tuning Front Mount Intercooler Kit in Black
Application: MAZDASPEED 3
Back by popular demand! COBB Tuning is proud to announce the re-release of the all new Front Mount Intercooler system for the 2007-09 MAZDASPEED 3.
The factory top mounted intercooler can easily be over worked and over heated due to its smaller size. In return, the intake air temperatures rise causing a loss in power. Replacing the factory intercooler with the COBB Tuning Front Mount Intercooler will ensure your engine is receiving the coolest possible air, allowing you to enjoy more power that is also much more consistent.
One of the more common issues with a front mount intercooler is turbo lag. Our testing shows our core inlet pressure at an average of 15.45 psi and the outlet pressure at an average of 14.8 psi. That results in an averaged pressure drop of only 0.65 psi, which in turn produces little to no turbo lag at all! We also tested the cooling capacity of our core. With an ambient temperature of 91 degrees, our inlet temperature averaged 193 degrees F while our outlet temperature averaged 95 degrees F. this is an average temperature drop of 98 degrees F.
- Bar and plate 24" x 3.5" x 7.9" aluminum core
- 2.5" aluminum tubing powder coated dark gray
- Black silicone
- All brackets and fasteners are included
- Some trimming of bumper tabs is required
- Made to fit stock BPV or aftermarket BOV that is stock fitment
- Retains the stock bumper beam and does not require cutting the bumper beam
- Undertray can be reinstalled with no modifications
- Does not require disconnecting of the power steering lines
- CFD tested and air flow optimized
Engineered for maximum performance and precise fitment, the purposeful and aggressive looks of the COBB Tuning Front Mount Intercooler will deliver pure driving pleasure! We recommend professional or experienced installation as the fitment of the pipes needs to be specific to clear all the places of the chassis/engine/transmission.